Friday, December 23, 2016

Ends Once

"It only ends once.  Anything that happens before that is just progress."
- Jacob

-----
The quote above comes from my favorite show, "Lost".  It was not only a show but I would describe it as an experience.  It was able to pierce into the deepest recesses of the human condition and I consider myself blessed to have watched it.

Jacob is a pivotal character on the show and I will not reveal his significance because I do not want to spoil the show for those who have not seen it.  I find the quote from him to be deeply true especially for us Catholics.  All of us will die one day.  That is something that we cannot run away from.  However, all the time that God has given us has to be utilized for progress.  We cannot spend our time engaging in sin for our time is short.

One day, if we do the business here, we shall be with Christ and will attain ultimate joys.  Imagine the most profound joys in your life.  The glory of Paradise is even greater than that.  However, Paradise must earned. It is bestowed on those who engaged in the good fight against the world, the flesh, and the devil.

May all of you have a Blessed Feast of the Nativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment