Thursday, September 24, 2015

Rest in Peace

May the over 700 people who died today in Makkah have eternal rest and may God be merciful to them. 

"Firstly, my greetings as they celebrate the Feast of Sacrifice.  I would have wished my greeting to be warmer, my sentiments of closeness.  My sentiments of closeness in the face of tragedy, tragedy they suffered in Makkah.  In this moment, I give assurances of my prayers.  I unite myself with you all.  A prayer to Almighty God, All Merciful."

-His Holiness, Pope Francis


------
I have been reading some really diabolical and harsh things written by people about these deaths.  As Catholics, that is not our way.  Of course we do not believe in Islam, however, because we love Christ, we should love our neighbors as well.  Whenever one dies, they face Our Lord Jesus Christ for judgment and they need all the prayers they can get....regardless of their religious beliefs here on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment