Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Disappointed

I am not down because Wales lost.  I am more frustrated by how they lost.  A couple days ago, we saw a spirited performance against Belgium which ended in a resilient victory.  However, today, we saw completely the opposite.  The first half was completely poor mostly because they did not show the initiative to even try to score.  After Ronaldo broke the deadlock in the 50th minute, Wales was forced to actually play in the game.  At least that is what I thought.

After the second goal, I had a feeling that tonight was going nowhere.  Bale, for his talent, was poor.   The passing was sub-par, his crosses were not able to enter the danger zone, and he was not able to be dangerous in front of goal.

Portugal, if we are honest, are not that great.  There have been better Portuguese teams in the past that have not won trophies so it was for the taking (especially after beating Belgium)!  So yes, Wales did much better than expected since a SF finish is something to be proud of.  However, the prospects of what could have been!

P.S: I am not Welsh but I have grown to admire the team over the Euros.  Also, Gareth Bale is my favorite player.  Let us hope they qualify for the World Cup!

No comments:

Post a Comment