Saturday, November 12, 2016

The Traditional Latin Mass: Our Pride and Our Joy

Fr. Simon Henry's wonderful reflection on the Traditional Latin Mass,

Because being a given, with a given form, it doesn't pander to any one emotion or temporary fixation. The Traditional liturgy doesn't presume everyone in the church is happy or that they are in difficulties - it just IS. So if I am happy, I pour my joy into it, if I am struggling, I empty my suffering into it. The given form gives those present such a flexibility in meeting each individual where they are and not imposing a rigid dictatorship of relativity on the congregation at the whim of someone else. Contrary to human intuition, the outward structure and form is liberating for the spirit.

Read more here.


Ad Multos Annos, Father!  If only every Priest was like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment