Sunday, January 22, 2017

Death of a Gentleman

For all fans of sports, in particularly cricket, I would recommend a wonderful provocative film named "Death of a Gentleman" which was released in 2015.  It follows two passionate reporters, Sam Collins and Jarrod Kimber, as they try to find out the validity of the canard which proclaims the death of test cricket is imminent and if so, who is trying to kill it?  As their quest throughout the film intensifies, what they discover is something far more dark and disheartening for fans of this wonderful game.  A story of corruption into the highest levels of the institutions which govern the game.

For all who are fans of test cricket and absolutely deplore the horrific T20 craze that has engulfed the cricket world, this is a must view.  I have attached the trailer below.



I will eventually get to a post where I will personally give my opinions on the T20 culture and the future of our beloved test cricket.

No comments:

Post a Comment