Friday, July 6, 2018

Forgive us, Lord Jesus Christ, King of the Worlds

We are all alone before God.  On the Day of Judgment, our knowledge will not help us.  Our friendships with the world will not help us.  Our human successes will not help us.

The only thing that will help us is our faith in God, His Church, and our good works.  Our hearts, our hearts, we will bring our hearts before God.

We should fear the Day of Judgment.  My sins are grand however my trust is in God's mercy.  What are we without His mercy?  His mercy is the only thing we have.

May the Lord forgive us.  May He forgive us for our sins.  For our indifference.  For our presumption.  Forgive us, Lord.

Lord, have mercy on me.  I will meet you soon yet I have nothing to show you but my sins.  Forgive me, my beloved God.  If You leave me, what will I have?

Who is more beloved than our Beloved Christ?  Does not His face give us a unique joy to our souls that cannot be provided by anyone else? When He reveals Himself to us, we feel this great peace.  When He hides Himself, we feel a stinging pain.  Please Lord, in this dark night, show Yourself to us, poor sinners.  Without You, we are like stray dogs walking the streets looking for a home.


"I want to say to you, about myself, that I am a child of this age, a child of unfaith and scepticism, and probably (indeed I know it) shall remain so to the end of my life. How dreadfully has it tormented me (and torments me even now) this longing for faith, which is all the stronger for the proofs I have against it. And yet God gives me sometimes moments of perfect peace; in such moments I love and believe that I am loved; in such moments I have formulated my creed, wherein all is clear and holy to me. This creed is extremely simple; here it is: I believe that there is nothing lovelier, deeper, more sympathetic, more rational, more manly, and more perfect than the Saviour; I say to myself with jealous love that not only is there no one else like Him, but that there could be no one. I would even say more: If anyone could prove to me that Christ is outside the truth, and if the truth really did exclude Christ, I should prefer to stay with Christ and not with truth."
-Fyodor Dostoevsky 

No comments:

Post a Comment