Friday, August 31, 2018

My Friend's Funeral

I hadn't attended a Mass in the new rite for some time now.  I mostly attend Divine Liturgies with a couple of Traditional Latin Masses thrown in every month.  However, my friend's funeral was today and I honestly think it was an insult to him.  I don't like the new rite and I think it should be banned.  One of the worst aspects of it is of course the funeral liturgy.  Gone are the grave black vestments.  Gone is the haunting Dies Irae.  Gone is the idea that we need to pray for the person because he can no longer help himself.  Instead of this, we were fed with garbage sentimental "music", a congregation that largely looked disinterested with most of the women dressed immodestly in the House of God.

Death is a serious thing and it needs to be treated as such.  If you look at the Requiem Mass in the Old Rite, the Divine Liturgy and the Islamic Janazah prayer, what is the one thing you find in common?  A deep gravity regarding the ceremony.  This idea that a man has crossed over the veil into eternity and has seen what no eye has seen or ear has heard.  A deep masculine seriousness that is founded on the love of God and the proper ceremonies that honor Him.


Rest in peace, my dear friend. 




No comments:

Post a Comment