Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Wednesday in Passion Week

"At that time, there took place at Jerusalem the feast of the Dedication; and it was winter. And Jesus was walking in the temple, in Solomon’s portico. The Jews therefore gathered round Him, and said to Him, How long do You keep us in suspense? If You are the Christ, tell us openly. Jesus answered them, I tell you and you do not believe. The works that I do in the name of My Father, these bear witness concerning Me. But you do not believe because you are not of My sheep. My sheep hear My voice, and I know them and they follow Me. And I give them everlasting life; and they shall never perish, neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. What My Father has given Me is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch anything out of the hand of My Father. I and the Father are one. The Jews therefore took up stones to stone him. Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shown you from My Father. For which of these works do you stone Me? The Jews answered Him, Not for a good work do we stone you, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a man, make Yourself God. Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your Law, ‘I said you are gods?’ If He called them gods to whom the word of God was addressed - and the Scripture cannot be broken, - do you say of Him Whom the Father has made holy and sent into the world, ‘You blaspheme,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’? If I do not perform the works of My Father, do not believe Me. But if I do perform them, and if you are not willing to believe Me, believe the works, that you may know and believe that the Father is in Me and I in the Father."

-St. John 10:22-38

No comments:

Post a Comment