Saturday, June 6, 2015

Happy Feast Day of St. Norbert!

When I converted to the Church, one of the first Churches that I attended for the Sunday TLM was a Norbertine run parish.  It was here where I was slowly introduced to the beauties of this most august Liturgy with all its splendor.  I am very much in gratitude of this saint for I am convinced that he had something to do with my discovery of the Mass of St. Pius V.  (Now only if I can attend a Mass in the Norbertine Rite!)

Deus, qui beatum Norbertum Confessorem tuum atque Pontificem, verbi tui praeconem eximium effecisti, et per eum Ecclesiam tuam nova prole foecundasti: praesta quaesumus: ut eiusdem suffragantibus meritis, quod ore simul et opere docuit, te adiuvante exercere valeamus. Per Dominum Nostrum....
O God, Who made blessed Norbert, thy Confessor and Bishop, a brilliant preacher of thy word, and through him enriched thy Church with a new religious family, grant, we beseech thee, that by his prayerful intercession and thy help, we may be able to do what he has taught us by his words and deeds.  Through Our Lord...

6 June 2015
Feast of St. Norbert

No comments:

Post a Comment